Plant «Morshanskhimmash» has a long history. It was founded in 1932, when it produced its first output. After 7 years, the plant started export abroad. Just 3 years later, in hard war time (1941-1944 years) Plant «Morshanskhimmash» successfully provided its workshops for airplanes repair and manufacturing of aircraft incendiary oil.
In 1946, the plant «Leshimmash» set up at aircraft workshops base. It produced process equipment (distillation, alcohol machines, dryers and retorts) for wood chemical industry.
In the 1960s, the company received a new name - Morshansk Chemical Engineering Plant («Morshanskhimmash»). At that moment, the production of capacitive equipment, shell and tube heat exchangers, and apparatuses with mechanical device made from carbon, low alloy and stainless steels for chemical, petrochemical and other industries. At the same time, the company develops the manufacturing of aluminum equipment and has become one of the leading Russian manufacturers of equipment from aluminum and its alloys. The plant produces a large turnout of bins from aluminum alloys (without aeration and with aeration) for storage and accumulation of bulk polymer materials. Pneumatic ejector mixing tanks for material averaging were designed and manufactured.
In the 1980s, the plant mastered the production of products for the needs of the Ministry of Defense: fuel tankers and others. The plant participates in the development of the space program "Buran": it makes boilers for railway tanks (transportation of liquid hydrogen). More than 50% of the production for the needs of the Ministry of Defense was manufactured.
In 1991, in connection with conversion, the company mastered the production of:
- semitrailer tank ppc-24 from aluminum alloy for the transportation of light oil products;
- railway tanks (boilers) from aluminum for the transportation of strong nitric acid and other liquids;
- semitrailer tanks for the transportation of liquefied petroleum gas.
In 2010, the plant received a license for the design, production of equipment for nuclear power plants, and in 2011 condensate pump KEN body was manufactured, and it successfully passed the hydraulic tests. Plant «Morshanskhimmash» began to produce welded bodies of condensate pump for nuclear power objects before anyone else in the country. For the first time this equipment was designed for the «Rosenergoatom» on special request for the import substitution program.
In 2013, the plant received a license (№ CO-12-115-7129 from 01.04.2013 and № CO-11-115-7130 from 01.04.2013), that gave the right to design and manufacture equipment for the nuclear fuel.
In 2015, in accordance with the laws of the Tambov region and on the ground of the statement of the Regional Administration at the production site of Morshansk chemical engineering plant the Limited Liability Company Plant «Morshanskhimmash» was founded. The founder's interest share in the authorized capital is 100%.